- Xiaomi Mi Band 5 review price Review release date of the best smart health connected bracelet 2020
Xiaomi Mi Band 5 review price Review release date of the best smart health connected bracelet 2020
The Beijing-based group has already sold more than 100 million portable smart health connected devices. The first Mi Band model was launched in 2004. We are therefore waiting for the 5th version of its smart health connected bracelet at a low price.
We were hoping for its formalization on April 3, 2020. But, Xiaomi presented in its place, the Redmi band. It is a smart health connected bracelet with very similar functions produced by Redmi, its subsidiary positioned first price. The official release is June 11, 2020.
Xiaomi Mi Band 5 design and features
The next smart health connected bracelet will offer a color touch screen 1.1 inch AMOLED (against a 0.95 inch screen on the Xiaomi Mi Band 4). The dial will be brighter and have better contrast.
It is available for launch in four colors: yellow, red, green and black.
For fun and to personalize the display, several animated faces are offered. They are based on licenses like SpongeBob, Detective Conan, Hatsune Miku or Neon Genesis Evangelion.
Specifications Xiaomi Mi Band 5
- 1.1 inch color OLED touch screen, higher and brighter contrast. 20% more size than the previous version.
- resolution of 126 x 194 pixels
- maximum brightness of 450 cd / m².
- Integrated GPS.
- SpO2 sensor
- Amazon Alexa Assistant
- PC unlock
- NFC but only in China, so without Google Pay.
Like the rest of the range, the Xiaomi Mi Band 5 records all kinds of sports exercises, your movements, your calorie expenditure.
In addition, the new Xiaomi Mi Band 5 is equipped with a new charging system. Whereas on the Band 4 you had to remove the bracelet block to place it in its USB charger, the Mi Band 5 works with a magnetic charger which allows it to be placed directly on the bracelet thanks to two electrodes. A simpler and faster solution.
The new features of the Mi Band 5
- Adding a SpO2 sensor. This SpO2 sensor allows the device to track oxygen in the blood. If you apply this to sleep tracking, it can be used to detect sleep apnea. But, there is very little chance that the FDA or other public health agencies will approve the use of a Xiaomi SpO2 sensor.
- Integration ofAmazon Alexa voice assistant. Theoretically, so you can control all smart health connected devices in your health home that are compatible with Alexa without your smartphone, such as lighting, cameras, TV or speakers. But also order the features of sports monitoring by voice (which avoids using the touch screen while running). But, for the moment contradictory information announces that this functionality will be strongly restrained. You would have to have the phone to carry to use it or even an Amazon Echo speaker … which would take away its interest.
- Remote control of his smartphone’s camera.
- In addition todisplay notifications from your smartphone on your wrist, Xiaomi announces integration with Windows 10 for unlock your PC with Mi Band 5 window. This function already existed but you need to install a third party application and pair it with your smartphone to unlock your laptop. Now with the latest software update, it becomes native (deployment already underway in India).
- Integrated GPS, allowing the bracelet to be used without a smartphone nearby. Perfect for sports.
- Addition of menstrual cycle monitoring.
- The health home app Xiaomi Mi Fit (for Android and also iPhone on theApple Store) has a new version available since March 31, 2020. Thus, version 4.0.17 supports Apple ID connections. This update is also accompanied by a general performance improvement for improved monitoring.
- However, the Xiaomi Mi Band 5 should not be the first fitness tracker for the company to offer contactless payment outside of China. In the Mi Band 3 and 4 versions there is a NFC chip, but only for payments via the Middle Empire platform: My Pay. So it will be the same with the V5.
Xiaomi Mi Band 5 connectivity
To connect the Xiaomi Mi Band 5 to a smartphone based on Android or iOS, you will need to use the proprietary Mi Fit app and the data transfer will be via Bluetooth 5.0 the, which has a range of 50 meters.
Health and sleep monitoring
For sport and your physical activities
The full list of 11 sports directly compatible with the Xiaomi Mi Band 5:
- running, jogging and treadmill,
- market and hiking
- swimming in pool
- jump rope
- bike, indoor and elliptical trainer
The physical activity monitoring functions:
- Training modes
- Counts steps, distance and calories burned
- End-of-training notifications, goal setting, heart rate chart, and inactivity alerts.
Tracking your sleepl with a quality score for each night. The Mi band analyzes your periods of deep and light sleep, as well as the heart rate to help you improve your sleep habits.
The Mi Band 5 is equipped with a 125 mAh battery, which should guarantee up to 14 days of autonomy.
Full recharge takes just 2 hours.
Price and availability of the Xiaomi Mi Band 5
For France, the first seller to offer the international version is the Banggood importer in price of € 35.38.
FYI, the price of the smart health connected bracelet in China is 189 yuan (24 euros HT) in version without NFC, and 229 yuan (29 euros HT) with NF. This generally corresponds to a sales price including tax in France of € 39.
The Mi Band 4 was released in the summer of 2019, the Mi Band 5 will be released in China on June 18, 2020, meanwhile we have the new Redmi Band or the excellent Mi Band 4 version.
Comparison between Mi Band 5, Mi Band 4 and 3
|Mi Band 3||Mi Band 4||Mi Band 5
|Touchscreen||black and white 0.78 ″||color 0.95 ″||1.2 ″ color|
|Resolution||128 x 80||240 x 120||360 x 180|
|Protection||Hard plastic||2.5 D glass||2.5 D glass|
|Sensors||3 axis movement||6 axis movement||6 axis movement|
|Autonomy||15 days||15 days||20 days|
|NFC||NFC China||NFC China||Google Pay
|Options in China||Avengers series|
First Opinion Xiaomi Mi Band 5