Xiaomi Mi 9T Review the best smartphone in value for money
Main specifications Xiaomi Mi 9T
The Xiaomi Mi 9T is a latest generation smartphone with a large bordeless screen without notch, the front camera is retractable at the top. It has little difference from the K20 Pro so far only marketed in China. It is currently available in 2 colors, ice blue or carbon black.
- Large 6.39-inch AMOLED screen with Full HD + definition (1080 × 2340), density of 402ppp ideal for games.
- Gorilla Glass 5 and HDR Support
- 19.5: 9 aspect ratio
- Android 9 Pi system and MIUI 10.3.
- The Mi 9T is equipped with Snapdragon 730, engraved in 8 nm (against 855 for the Pro) and Adreno 618.
- Bluetooth 5.0 and Wi-Fi 5
- 4 G LTE (while the Pro is 5G compatible)
- Dual nano-SIM
- NFC chip (Google Pay compatible)
- Barometer, Gyroscope, Accelerometer.
- Proximity and light sensors.
A fingerprint sensor is directly present on the screen with excellent recognition quality, whatever the ambient light. In addition, Xiaomi has further improved the speed of the scan, the device opens almost instantly (less than half a second).
You obviously have the option of using facial recognition.
Memory and autonomy
- 6 GB RAM
- Storage according to models 64 to 128 GB.
- A major asset is its excellent 4000 mAh battery compatible with 18 W fast charging. Day and night compared to my iPhone which I have to charge every night. With the Mi 9T, it will have to be left in video streaming for 12 hours non-stop, or 48 hours in intensive use to discharge it!
For smartphone gaming, no worries with Fornite. The Mi 9T takes advantage of its processor, but also the software optimization with Mi Turbo and Game Turbo 2.0.
Xiaomi Mi 9T images and videos
3 cameras on the back allow you to take any type of photo with an assistance mode which makes it difficult to miss a shot:
- Sony IMX582 of 48 megapixels f / 1.75 (instead of the IMX586 on the K20 Pro which is capable of making 4K quality in 60 fps)
- 124.8 ° ultra wide-angle optics in 13 megapixels f / 2.4
- 8 megapixel telephoto lens f / 2.4
Video recordings are in Full HD 1080p or ultra HD 2160p
The quality of the photos is really good outdoors during the day. But the Mi 9T is more limited in rendering with low light. It’s still better than with my iPhone, but below the Huawei P30 or a Pixel 3. The worst result is at night when using the telephoto lens.
- Zoom x 0.6 at times 10
- Slow motion, slow motion with 960 frames / second.
Selfie camera is retractable with 32 megapixels in front. For safety, it retracts automatically when the device detects a rapid movement (a fall) or a strong pressure on the top. On each of its outputs, it emits both a sound (which you can change) and a small light effect on each side of the lens.
- Panoramic selfie.
- Front video recording in 1080p or 720p at 30fps
- Xiaomi says the system is advertised for at least 300,000 openings.
Comfort and connectivity
Relatively light compared to its competitors with only 190 grams. Reasonable dimensions for the interior pockets of our jackets, mini handbag or pants pocket.
- 15.7 x 7.3 cm by 8.8 mm thick
A simple, but effective connection with a USB-C port to recharge it. The direct sound output is mono. I especially appreciate the 3.5mm jack present and placed at the top, next to the front camera location. This allows you to connect quality wired earphones or headphones without needing to recharge them.
The real drawback of Chinese phones is the high level of electromagnetic waves when you listen to audio directly in your ear. Thus, the SAR (specific absorption rate of mobile phones) of the Xiaomi Mi 9T is 1.341W / Kg. French regulations require that the SAR does not exceed 2W / kg. It is therefore strongly recommended to use it with headphones or earphones.
Price and availability of the Xiaomi Mi 9T
The 9 T is delivered with a black silicone protective shell (for the carbon version), an adapter plug and a USB 2 / USB-C cable.