The Omron blood pressure monitor is a mid-range device that has some special features and is easy to use. The cuff of the meter is placed on the upper arm. It can be adjusted in the width by means of a Velcro fastener according to the arm circumference. To be properly attached to the arm, the cuff is equipped with a “docking intelligence”. The Intelli Wrap Cuff indicates when it is properly secured to the arm, but provides reliable results even if it does not fit well.
The sphygmomanometer also detects when the measurement of blood pressure has been affected by movement. With Omron’s Intellisense technology, the cuff is inflated to suit the user, making it easier and more convenient to measure. The blood pressure is displayed by an LED display that turns red when the blood pressure is high and green when it is normal. In addition to displaying blood pressure, the device also detects morning hypertension and irregular heartbeats. It also has a memory for 2 people, each with 100 memory spaces. Thanks to this, you can create 30 readings for a 14-day profile.
- Omron M500 Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor: Features and Special Features
- Omron M500 Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor – Accessories
- Omron M500 Blood Pressure Monitor: Installation and Startup
- Benefits of the Omron M500 blood pressure monitor review
- Disadvantages of the Omron M500 blood pressure monitor Review overview
- Review Omron M500 Blood Pressure Monitor – Essential Tests
- Conclusion on the Omron M500 upper arm blood pressure monitor in the Review comparison
- Omron M500 Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor: Prices and Offers
- Mobile Alternative: Omron RS2 Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor
- Omron M500 Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor: Technical Details
- Further tests and comparisons to blood pressure monitors
- Omron M500
Omron M500 Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor: Features and Special Features
For laymen, the Omron M500 upper arm blood pressure monitor uses a traffic light system, which allows a tendency to infer the measured blood pressure values. For this purpose, an LED traffic light display is used for easy reading of the blood pressure. The color red indicates an increased blood pressure, the color green shows normal readings. In addition, the Omron M500 blood pressure monitor should detect morning hypertension.
Other features of the Omron M500 Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor:
- Equipped with Intellisense technology, which due to an individual inflation blood pressure measurement is particularly pleasant, fast and convenient
- Display of body movements during blood pressure measurement
- According to manufacturer for the measurement of irregular heartbeats and morning hypertension usable
- LED cuff seat control signals the correct fit of the cuff
- 100 memory slots each for 2 users with date and time display and three average functions – morning / evening / week
- Clinically checked
- Awarded the seal of approval of the German High Pressure League for measuring accuracy
Omron M500 Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor – Accessories
In addition to the Omron M500 upper arm blood pressure monitor, the package also includes the Intelli Wrap cuff – which can be combined with an XXL cuff, a storage bag, four AA batteries, an instruction manual, a warranty card and a blood pressure pass.
Omron M500 Blood Pressure Monitor: Installation and Startup
The installation and commissioning of the CLATRONIC fan heater 3378 is as simple as a Review overview:
- Remove the sphygmomanometer from the packaging and open the battery compartment. Insert the four AA batteries and close the battery compartment again.
- Set the time and date according to the instructions for use.
How to correctly measure the blood pressure with the device?
- Firmly anchor the air hose connector in the air hose socket.
- To measure the blood pressure, place the cuff on the uncovered left upper arm and fasten with the Velcro fastener.
- While blood pressure measurement sit upright and relaxed.
- Measure by pressing the start button.
- After the measurement, the values can be stored according to the operating instructions.
Benefits of the Omron M500 blood pressure monitor review
- Intelli Wrap Cuff helps to put on the cuff properly
- Easy handling
- LED display gives a good overview
- Memory and center function facilitate control over a longer period of time
Disadvantages of the Omron M500 blood pressure monitor Review overview
- Connection to a PC or smartphone only in the expensive version
- Relatively high price
Review Omron M500 Blood Pressure Monitor – Essential Tests
In tests and reviews by users, the Omron sphygmomanometer performs well or very well.
- In the Review of Stiftung Warentest, the blood pressure monitor Omron M500 received the Review verdict “SATISFYING“At a Review score of 2.6. (As of 05/2016)
- At bloodpress-balance.com, the Omron M500 sphygmomanometer achieved an “excellent result”. The editors emphasized above all the “high quality and the colored LED display” of the measuring device. Also the “intelligent upper arm cuff” scored with the testers. (As of: 09/2018)
- Even with the users themselves, the device is positive. At testberichte.com the users praised “the fast and quiet way of working” and the reliable measurement results of the upper arm blood pressure monitor Omron M500. (As of 2/2013)
- Amazon customers rated the upper arm blood pressure monitor Omron M500 with very good 4.5 out of 5 stars, (As of 10/2018)
Conclusion on the Omron M500 upper arm blood pressure monitor in the Review comparison
The Omron M500 blood pressure monitor is a high-quality measuring device for the upper arm, which makes up for the somewhat higher price with many extras. The device is suitable for people who want to have a good overview of their blood pressure values or have to regularly check the blood pressure due to illness. The sphygmomanometer convinces thanks to its easy handling and an “intelligent” upper arm cuff, which indicates measuring errors.
Also positive are the extras such as displaying an irregular heartbeat and the possibility of measuring a morning hypertension. The storage capacity of the device is large and designed for two people, so that the partner can use the device. All in all, Omron offers the M500, a user-friendly device in good quality.
Omron M500 Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor: Prices and Offers
Omron has set the MSRP for the Omron M500 blood pressure meter at € 72.50. In the trade, the device is available for about 10 euros cheaper. (As of: 08/2018)
Mobile Alternative: Omron RS2 Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor
An alternative to the Omron M500 upper arm blood pressure monitor is the OMRON RS2 blood pressure monitor, which comes with a wrist cuff. The Omron RS2 received by Stiftung Warentest the Review grade “good” and was the Review winner among the blood pressure monitors for the wrist (as of 05/2016). The RRP is 29.95 euros. (As of 10/2018)
Omron M500 Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor: Technical Details
- Product: Automatic blood pressure monitor for the upper arm
- Model: Omron M500 (HEM-7321-D)
- Display: LED, digital
- Measuring method: oscillometric
- Pressure range: 0-299 mmHg
- Pulse measurement: 40-180 beats / min
- Printing accuracy: ± 3 mmHg
- Pulse deviation: ± 5% of the displayed value
- Inflate: with electric pump
- Memory: 100 measurements with date / time for every 2 users
- Nominal sizes DC: 6 V, 4 W
- Power sources: 4 AA 1.5V batteries or optional AC adapter
- Battery life: about 1000 measurements
- Weight of the meter: approx. 390 g without batteries
- Cuff weight: approx. 163 g
- Dimensions: approx. 12.4 cm (W) × 9 cm (H) × 16.1 cm (L)
- Cuff size: approx. 14.5 cm × 53.2 cm (air hose: 75 cm)
- Circumference of the cuff 22-42 cm
- Scope of delivery: measuring device, cuff, instructions for use
- Product: Automatic blood pressure monitor for the upper arm
Further tests and comparisons to blood pressure monitors
Upper arm blood pressure monitors
Medisana BU 510 Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor 51160 Review Overview
boso medicus X Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor in Review Overview
Withings blood pressure measurement facilitates documentation
Wrist Blood Pressure Monitors
Omron RS2 Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor Review Comparison
boso medistar + wrist sphygmomanometer Review comparison
Hylogy MD-H21 Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor in Review Overview
Art B Zen ( Art for well being) health home & BUILDING REVIEW